Why join AWIS-Bethesda?
- Build your professional network and receive support at every stage of your career.
- Take part in career building activities, including our annual Mentoring Event and our Resume Workshop.
- Participate in peer-to-peer support activities, including our new “Topics on Tap” series.
- Your commitment helps AWIS as it strives to achieve equity and full participation of all women in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
- Seminars and workshops on topics such as: how to optimize your CV/resume and LinkedIn profile, how to land a federal job, how to achieve the perfect work-life balance and much more!
- A seminar by an outstanding woman scientist who has been chosen by the National Institutes of Health as the annual Pittman Lecturer, in honor of Dr. Margaret Pittman, the first woman laboratory chief at the NIH
- Numerous opportunities to socialize and network with other members as well as recruiters from local agencies throughout the year
Members have exclusive access to our chapter Listserv and LinkedIn group, which feature job announcements, events and resources of interest and details on all our meetings and events.
Members have the opportunity to be directly involved in our chapter activities by submitting nominations for the AWIS-Bethesda Excellence in Mentoring award, nominating candidates to serve as officers on the Board, and volunteering on the Board.
The National AWIS office publishes materials about women in science, including a quarterly print magazine and a biweekly electronic Washington Wire. It is also an active participant in policy discussions at the Federal level and participates in a variety of national coalitions related to women in science issues. More information about AWIS-National can be found on the National website.
We welcome your support and participation!
For information, contact chapter leaders at firstname.lastname@example.org