- The first March issue of Nature has a special on women in science, with many, many interesting articles such as “Mind the Gender Gap” and “Barred from the Boardroom“.
- Recently discovered: A TED.com talk by Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg who looks at why a smaller percentage of women than men reach the top of their professions. She offers 3 powerful pieces of advice to women aiming for the C-suite. “Why we have too few women leaders“
- Science Magazine highlights a study that reports on an unconscious gender-bias in academic science, disadvantaging women. Jo Handelsman, who visited AWIS Bethesda and talked about improving College STEM education on March 2, 2012 co-authored the publication that was published in PNAS
- Balancing Acts for Early Career Scientists by Cristy Gelling, ASBMB Today, August 2012
- Maternity planning for postdocs. Ehm K. F. (2011) ASBMB Today: November.
- Understanding current causes of women’s underrepresentation in science. Ceci S. J. & W. M. Williams. (2011) PNAS 108: 3157-3162.
- Gender and Science. Palermo, S. & E. Giuffra. (2008) EMBO Rep 9: 494-495.
- Falling off the Academic Bandwagon. Martinez E. et al. (2007) EMBO Rep 8: 977–981.